Friday, January 21, 2011

Hook Us Up. Make us Superstar Divas'.

I received a deluxe Spa package for Christmas from my husband.  What a loving gesture to want me to be pampered; he even took a tour through the spa to see if it would suit me.  This is a very Ritzy-Zen like Spa. He bought it because he liked the smell and the ambiance; so he said.

I really do enjoy a massage, I indulge in them from time to time.  The last facial I had was probably, uh, maybe 5 years ago? I also go every six weeks or so and have a manicure and a pedicure. 

Today, I am going to the spa at noon and they told me to plan on being there until 7pm.  I am very grateful to have the opportunity to relax a day away like this. Yet, some part of me is somewhat ambivilent...and fretful, that when I get out from this day long relaxation fest, I'll get in the car, turn on NPR and  find out the mega-nuke is heading my way.  Crazy?  I don't live like a superstar diva so I'm just wondering --since I am indulging like this--what's the catch?

On the upside, since the first day of 2011, I have been on a cleansing mission. First I tossed out items and even some furniture, then I quit smoking (don't cheer yet its only been since the 10th) and also rid my self of people who have been, well, draining. So all negative and poisonous things I have worked to shed----now, the one trait I have is evident in the paragraph above---worrying that if I do something really great the balance will come from something ugly accompanying it....now my own head is poison---today in the Superstar Diva domain of relaxation I will practice my mindfulness --the cure for a poison head--and stay soaked in each pamering moment grounding myself in gratefulness.

PS: Added at 9:40 pm on 1/21---I came home and said to my husband: " Ya know, I did it all wrong." "What do you mean?" He looked concerned. I continued, "When a woman is asked to marry she should have one question: Do you have $300.00 to send me for a Spa Day once a month? And if the guy's answer is no...the woman should tell him to ask again when he can afford to have a wife!! LOL.  What an incredible day I had honey!!  Thank you so much!"  xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. Am delighted to find yours and could not agree more with the wonders of a good massage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I miss my spa treats. I used to pamper myself back when I was working and making the big bucks. It was necessary for my psyche. I'm so glad you went to enjoyed every minute.

    ReplyDelete

Meditation Door-hanger

Meditation Door-hanger

Making handpainted, jewelry

Making handpainted, jewelry
resin pour over all.

State Forest, Pittsfield, MA

State Forest, Pittsfield, MA
Me, standing there, in my meditation image.

Tick tock

Tick tock
"Time flys, catches fire, and sinks." p. malafronte (2010)

My Blog List

All Art and text entries are the registered works of Pam Malafronte. Do not copy, distribute, or use any text or art on this blog without expressed permission.































































































































3 of 10 paintings exhibiting at Starbucks

3 of 10 paintings exhibiting at Starbucks

Peaceful Buddha

Peaceful Buddha
Be compassionate toward yourself

Start a true Rebirth on Earth

Start a true Rebirth on Earth
SOLD 8/13/11

Birds of What Feather?

Birds of What Feather?
Not Available

Time is KING---SOLD

Time is KING---SOLD
Longevity and Joy within

In Kinder Garden

In Kinder Garden
Cloth Paper Scissors magazine

ClothPaperScissors, My Art for their Readers Challenge

ClothPaperScissors, My Art for their Readers Challenge
Kinder-Garden