Tuesday, November 9, 2010

10.) Giving time to someone is always a better gift than something we unwrap; relationships strengthen and improve from time put in to them; gifts collect dust, get old, get tossed...

Evident in the closet was her meticulous order, her cleanliness, and her taste and style.  Standing inside, I could smell the light scent of her brand of detergent, and her favorite perfume; Red Door.  All tops and pants hung by hues of color and were placed a certain distance apart.  My stomach turned over several times over a couple of hours when I pushed down the urge to burst out in tears. I clenched her trinkets in my hand and hugged a bathrobe and one of her shirts she often wore; I guess hoping to feel her.  A clips-reel of memories played continuously as I pictured her; remembering the times and places where she wore each piece of her clothing.  I found a stylish, slightly old, softly used pocketbook that was carefully wrapped in tissue; I am left wondering why she felt compelled to take extra care of that one since she had so many others.  Some of her size seven shoes were worn; yet none were worn out.  Many more pairs were never worn at all; to me these were reminders of her long incapacitation.  I am left numb by what we like, care for, hold on to, desire and need in life --and how it is all simply divvied up or discarded when we go.  I'm so happy I helped her while she was here and it made her smile.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Making "her" (Mother? Friend?) who ever she was, yes, to have helped her while she was here and to have made her smile made all of the difference in "her" life and also in yours!
    I love this, and yes, it is so good for all of us to ponder "What is really important to us?"
    "How can we help" And to realize that is is more important to love than to be loved, to understand rather than to be understood, etc.
    Love your writings!

    ReplyDelete

Meditation Door-hanger

Meditation Door-hanger

Making handpainted, jewelry

Making handpainted, jewelry
resin pour over all.

State Forest, Pittsfield, MA

State Forest, Pittsfield, MA
Me, standing there, in my meditation image.

Tick tock

Tick tock
"Time flys, catches fire, and sinks." p. malafronte (2010)

My Blog List

All Art and text entries are the registered works of Pam Malafronte. Do not copy, distribute, or use any text or art on this blog without expressed permission.































































































































3 of 10 paintings exhibiting at Starbucks

3 of 10 paintings exhibiting at Starbucks

Peaceful Buddha

Peaceful Buddha
Be compassionate toward yourself

Start a true Rebirth on Earth

Start a true Rebirth on Earth
SOLD 8/13/11

Birds of What Feather?

Birds of What Feather?
Not Available

Time is KING---SOLD

Time is KING---SOLD
Longevity and Joy within

In Kinder Garden

In Kinder Garden
Cloth Paper Scissors magazine

ClothPaperScissors, My Art for their Readers Challenge

ClothPaperScissors, My Art for their Readers Challenge
Kinder-Garden